lucky stars



I guess I've been in an Emily and Fin mood lately!

I got this dress awhile ago through a swap--it was on Modcloth for a bit, but I missed it. A lot of times, things tend to pass me by because I like to hold out for sales. Luckily, a few years ago I discovered the joy of swap groups, and we've been together ever since!

There are a ton of groups on Facebook alone, depending on what you're looking for. I'm part of a few retro-repro centered groups, as well as one or two brand-specific ones (Trashy Diva and Wheels and Dollbaby come to mind--what's fun about those is they're sort of a cross between buy/sell groups and picture sharing, so you can scroll through and enjoy everyone's outfit even if you're not actively looking for anything!) It's a great way to meet people; there are actually a lot of girls I talk to at least weekly that I was introduced to via trading. If you're lucky, you might happen upon something you missed out on at a great price, too. It also helps cycle used clothes to new homes, which is nice, because instead of just tossing something you can send it off to someone who loves it and will take good care of it.

I actually ended up getting this through a swap with someone in Australia who didn't want to deal with the hassle of international returns. This was fortunate for me, because it just happened to be in my size and I figured I might as well go for it.

It was a good decision. Look at those little shooting stars!


The print is really simple, but I've had a lot of people at work come up and ask to take a closer look and smile when they see the comets. The color scheme is eye-catching, too;  I don't usually see navy blue and gold together.


dress - emily and fin
shoes - chelsea crew (i see this style all over the place; they go with everything!)
scarf - thrifted
belt - borrowed from another dress 


2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Haha, I'm always holding out for sales too so I sometimes miss stuff that I want as well. #totallyrelate
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute little print! you look great :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete